Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Great News with a twist

For the many people who don't know Devon and I are expecting baby #2 due Aug 30, 2011. Now that I have the great news out here is the twist. As many mothers and soon to be mothers know having a baby is not easy stuff. I am sick a lot crossing my fingers that will leave with the end of the first trimester, but there are never any real guarantees that is going to be the case. As a mother I feel that I should be the support for my husband as he goes to school and take care of those things that he can't do while at work. Add to that being a great mother and to be honest it seems overwhelming to me. I am not perfect and it shows by the looks of our house and the fact that I haven't gotten ready for the day and the day has half way passed. I am tired obviously cause I am pregnant, but I am mostly tired of feeling like I am not helping anyone but myself. I hate that feeling. I like feeling accomplished and that's not happening a lot. Getting me out of my comfort zones is a struggle too. I don't like talking to strangers on the phone cause I feel awkward and my husband agrees, jokingly I am sure, but the point I am trying to make is I need some change, but I just don't know how to accomplish it on my own. So with the help of my Heavenly Father whom I try to communicate with frequently I am going to use this blog as my goal setter/tracker. Now I first want to start with a goal in each area of my life.
1: my daughter has to work with me every day and I am tough on her. My goal is to give her more attention and read her 2 books a day.
2: Clean 1 room a day or do one big chore i.e. laundry and dishes.
3: Shower every morning and get dressed. I always feel more accomplished when I am dressed.
4: Study my scriptures rather than just read them.
5: Exercise every day. Doesn't have to be huge, but enough to get my heart rate going a bit.
6: Call someone especially if it is things needing to be done.
7: Take a well deserved nap and eat all the time :)
Now I realize that this is a huge list and honestly I could add more, but I won't. This works good for me now. I will try to do a couple of these things at a time, so I don't overwhelm myself, but my goal is to be able to accomplish all of these things by the end of the month. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on baby #2! Good luck with the goals, I like posting them on our blog because I check it frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! If you ever need some time for yourself, Jaylee can come play at my apartment. :)

    ReplyDelete