Monday, April 5, 2010

LD Singers

As of this last week I found out that the group LD Singers is changing. For those of you who have never heard of the LD Singers let me explain the best I can. LD Singers is a singing group for the Ephraim Institute at Snow College. The group has changed throughout the 40+ years that it has been around, but it has mostly been a show choir. Every year the group would go on a tour where they would perform concerts and perform at seminaries. It has been a great missionary tool and a great experience for many that have been part of it. Usually the concerts would have a mix between light numbers and spiritual numbers pulled together with intros that related a spiritual message to the songs. Some of the main changes that will be happening, that I can remember are a possible name change( it hasn't been decided yet) They will only sing spiritual numbers, and will no longer be going on tours. There may be some changes that I don't remember. The reason why I am writing this is because this group has been such a blessing in my life. I went to school with no friends and becoming part of this group helped me gain an instant amount of friends that were a huge example to me. I also met my husband in LD Singers. Although the changes will be good in the future and I hope it will continue to help others like me, but it is still so sad to see things that blessed me in my life end.


No comments:

Post a Comment