Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Forgotten Carols

I don't know if any of you have been able to experience going to the Forgotten Carols, or maybe all of you have and it has just taken me forever to have the experience. Last night I was able to go for the first time. I know the songs and love them, but I never knew the story that goes along with it. I won't go into detail just in case someone wants to see it, but there was an aspect of it that I would like to talk about. The true meaning of Christmas. This year has been a very interesting one for me. With Devon in School, Jaylee growing and having more of a personality, moving to a smaller apartment it has been a very humbling experience. What I most want to emphasize on is all of the many things out there this season that have been reminding me of the Savior including the play that I saw last night. I really liked the different perspectives that the songs gave of people that were around during the life of the Savior. Whether the exactness of the perspectives is right that is not important. What I did enjoy about it is that it reminded me of how big of a miracle it was during the Saviors birth. The timing, the people, everything worked out so that the Savior could atone for our sins. So that we can live with our families, and our Heavenly Father and Savior again. How awesome is that.

Another thing that has been on my mind lately has been the talks on Sunday. Especially Bro. and Sis. Andreason's talks. I really enjoyed what Brooke said about her family and how those experiences that she went through has helped her find what the true meaning of Christmas is to her, and to go along with that Matt's perspective that Christmas is about love. I don't think there is a better way to explain it. Yeah there are presents and traditions and every family is different with how they do things, but if we have love in our home during the Christmas season, then that is probably the best gift that we can give to our Savior. Don't you think. I hope this makes sense. Sometimes what I think and how I say it turn out way different. Anyway I hope everyone has a great Christmas Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment